PROCEDURE FOR RETURNING GOODS FOR REPAIR
If you are not using your own returns paperwork, please print a copy of the Autoflame Repair Authorisation form from the Internet - http://www.autoflame.com/support/RepAuth.doc/.
- When filling in your own or Autoflame’s paperwork please make sure that you detail a reference number or a purchase order number that can be used for invoicing purposes (This includes items that may be under warranty). This will ensure trace ability and will save time in returning goods. Please note that goods will not be returned if a reference or PO number has not been supplied.
- Please state the part number and serial number of the item to be returned.
- Please give a brief description of the problem.
- The paperwork should be inserted inside the box (Customs tend to remove copies on the outside of the box).
- 5) Try to return goods in original cartons. If goods are not packed out with adequate packaging in-transit damage can occur and may not be immediately obvious on unpacking goods. EGA units must be sent back in their original packaging, any other packaging could result in-transit damage. Damaged caused by transit damage will not be covered under warranty.
- 6) Countries outside the EU must complete customs paperwork stating that the goods are for Repair and Return only and that C101 authorisation applies (Repair goods for temporary export only). If the Customs paperwork is not correctly completed Autoflame may be charged by the Customs authority, these charges are forwarded to the customer returning the goods.
- Once the goods have been received at Autoflame, an Acknowledgement will be raised and sent to the customer. The Acknowledgement will state the received date, the estimated despatch date, the reference/P/O number, the items received including serial numbers and the basic cost of the repair.
The following memo will also appear:
- The invoice will follow after dispatch and this will include the Fault diagnosis of the repair.
PLEASE NOTE THE INDICATED PRICE IS A MINIMUM PRICE QUOTED AND IS NOT THE FINAL INVOICE PRICE. THE EXACT COST CAN ONLY BE ESTABLISHED ON COMPLETION OF ALL REPAIR WORK.
Please note that in the case of suspected Warranty items the above still applies as until the item has been examined the Warranty cannot be validated. If the unit is found to be Beyond Economical Repair, a Repair report will be sent to the customer explaining the reason why. If no quote has been asked for and the item exceeds $800 to repair a quote will automatically be issued, otherwise the repair will go ahead without authorisation.In some cases Warranty items that are sent back with ‘No fault found’ will be charged for at the basic repair cost. We still have to carryout standard procedures which include time testing. The transportation costs will be paid by the Customer. The transportation costs for Warranty items will only apply if agreed in advance with Autoflame Engineering.